Frequently asked Questions
- We measure the tool in its true environment, in the spindle, rotating -AS IT IS WHEN ITS TOUCHING THE STONE
- It doesn’t matter if the tool holders are bent or corroded or dirty. Thats how they run in the machine, that’s how they get measured
- You don’t have to remove the tools from the machine to measure
- No confusion when placing tools back into the machine pockets
- 99% of machine operators have 15 minutes during a day to measure tools. It should be part of maintenance on a machine
- Offline measuring means the tools are placed into a collar, which isn’t clamped and doesn’t rotate at spindle speed
- Tools must be totally clean and dry and the tool holders must be totally clean, free of corrosion or preferably new
- Tools need to be taken off the machine and to a clean room in order to be measured
- Tools can often be mixed up when placing back into the machine
- Someone still needs to take out the tools, clean them, measure them and replace them. This all takes longer than the 15 minutes it takes to measure a set using ClearCut
That depends on you !
Some of our customers have watched the training videos and happily sped off into the sunset, measuring tools on their own.
Some need a little more help from us or our team.
It doesn’t matter either way, you decide if you need us or not !
In (really really) short – but not really, actually
We have been working with the developer of Eagle Eye for over 4 years to improve and refine the product into what it is today.
- Upgraded digital microscope
- Radically improved software with new capability
- Auto alignment of tools
- Fixed origin plate for your machine
- Modified casing to work on all machines
- Refined and lightened machine components
- All machining and assembly now done in house
- Designed, assembled and tested in Phoenix AZ, USA
ClearCut is not completely, but almost an entirely new product. There are a huge amount of changes been made to the hardware and the software is a complete re-write to address new features and to allow for future upcoming new capabilities !
The people behind ClearCut have expanded too !
We now have experienced people all over the USA and Europe who can train and support you with ClearCut. Including technical staff from one of the most trusted tooling companies in the industry, Nicolai Diamant, who have manufacture tooling in Michigan.
We won’t stop there. We are continuing to add people and evolve the software and there are capabilities ALREADY BUILT IN to every ClearCut machine that we will activate later with software updates … a bit like Tesla … only it doesn’t cost you 100 Grand !